1. What information will we use?
As a Buckinghamshire Learning Trust service user, we will collect and use information about you ("your information"). This information includes your course registration details, information about the use of your CPD account, purchases of other BLT services and other information that you give us or that we collect.
2. How will your information be used?
We may use your information to:
- operate the CPD Programme, provide other appropriate CPD related services and ensure that the applicable terms and conditions are observed;
- operate our other BLT services and publicise the offers we have available which may be of interest to you or your school/setting;
- analyse how you use the on-line booking system;
- assess the effectiveness of our marketing activities and the marketing activities we carry out on behalf of our partners who we work with to deliver our CPD programme and BLT services;
- understand your behaviour based on the information available to us and to send or show you information, offers, surveys and online advertisements for the products or services which we believe are most likely to interest you.
One of the benefits of being a BLT customer is that we can show or send you offers or adverts that are relevant to you by various channels, including online. Our Traded Services team decide what offers and adverts to show or send you using:
i. the information you have provided to us as part of your booking or registration for a course or service, including, amongst other things, purchases of our products that you have made.
We also work with partner companies to deliver our CPD and services, we may choose to provide you with additional information about the products or services offered by our partners, however, we will never share your information with them, so they are able to communicate with you directly.
3. When we can use your information
We collect and use your information in the following situations:
- where our use of your information is necessary for us to perform the contract or contracts that we have with you. These contracts include the terms and conditions of CPD booking or services agreements;
- where our use of your information is for the purposes of our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of partner companies we work with and we have made sure that your information, and your rights in relation to that information, are protected. For example, we may rely on this legal basis if we and/or the partner companies we work with use your information to understand and improve our (or their) products or services, to help find out what information, products and services are most likely to interest you, to send or show you information, offers and online advertisements for these products or services, or to ensure that the Programme and its related services are delivered and used in accordance with the law and the terms and conditions that apply to them;
- where we believe it is necessary to use your information to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject; and
- where we have your consent.
Where we rely on consent to use your information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. To do so please email email@example.com.
4. The period for which we will keep your information
The information you provide when you register for a course or purchase a service, together with any updates you make to that information, will be retained by BLT Online for the duration of its existence in order for your complete training record and/or transaction history to remain available to you.
5. Who will we share your information with?
We will only share your information with the following organisations;
We promise we'll never share your details with anyone else
- our professional advisors;
- any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party; and
- any third party that purchases, or to which we transfer, all or substantially all of our assets and business. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to ensure that the entity to which we transfer your information uses it in a manner that is consistent with this policy.
6. Your choices and rights
You have a number of rights in relation to your information, and can make a number of choices about how we collect and use it. For example, you can decide not to receive marketing material from us, tell us how you want to receive marketing communications from us and object to some of the ways in which we use your information.
Note that some of the choices or changes you make may impact our ability to maintain your account and your account may need to be closed. We will notify you if such action is necessary.
To make these changes please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the changes you wish to make such as:
- access and update the contact and personal details we hold about you;
- view your CPD training records and account transaction history;
- opt-out of receiving marketing communications to your device and/or by telephone including calls to your mobile or other number, SMS, and email from us;
- opt-out of receiving postal marketing communications from us and partner companies we may work with via BLT.
You can contact us using the details below to:
- request access to your information if you cannot locate it on BLT online;
- ask that we update, complete or correct your information if you are unable to do so on BLT online section of our website;
- ask that we erase or restrict our use of your information;
- request that we provide your information to you in a commonly used electronic format and to have that information transmitted directly to another organisation (this is known as the right to 'data portability'); and/or
- object to our, or partner companies using your information in certain circumstances – for example, to see how you use BLT services, our website and to understand your behaviour.
If you are concerned about how your information is used, please contact us at FAO Data Protection Lead, Learning Campus, Stablebridge Road, Aston Clinton, Bucks, HP22 5NE. Alternatively you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
If you do not want your browser to accept cookies, you can turn off the cookie acceptance option in your browser settings. Note: By doing this some areas of the website, features, and information may not function or display properly.